Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Saturday 22 December 2012

Diagonal Box Stitch Gypsy Blanket

Well here it is - all done - my Diagonal Box Stitch Gypsy Blanket!!


c2c crochet blanket

Good use of the colourful scraps - don't quite think this one is travel size though - the end product is a bit big for that - 130cm x 130cm


c2c crochet blanket

Scrapbuster colours used for this project:    Denim, Daffodil, Aqua, Lilac, Turquoise, Dusty Rose, Maroon, Spearmint, White and Medium Grey.


Diagonal Box Stitch Crochet Afghan

I alternated the colours with a repeat stripe as follows:    random colour, Medium Grey,  random colour, White.     Had to top up the scraps with yarn from my stash -  about 100g of each of Medium Grey, White and Dusty Rose.


Diagonal Box Stitch Crochet Afghan

The Border is done in Dusty Rose - 3 rows of dc, 1 row of 3ch, picot, 2dc, skip 3dc, ss.


Diagonal Box Stitch Crochet Blanket

I added 3 simple flowers made from the teeny tiny leftovers, embellished with little wooden beads.

I do so love my new Blanket!

3 comments:

  1. Hell Zelna, I love your site. I have fallen in love with the diagonal box stitch, please tell me where I can find the pattern for this stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best how-to I have come across! http://www.crochettoday.com/how-to/how-work-diagonal-box-stitch

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the link. Btw I live near Ventersdorp! My new granddaughters nursery is owl themed :-)

    ReplyDelete