Zooty Owl's Crafty Blog

Colourful Crochet, Craft, Cooking, and Contemplations

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Ripple Crochet Afghan: Blue Hues

I received an insanely easy free ripple crochet pattern by e-mail one morning while sipping my first cuppa and just had to give it a go before breakfast.

It worked up really fast too and the great thing about this is that you can use up all the odd bits and pieces of yarn that always seem to accumulate.


crochet stripes

About a year ago I made a whole lot of flowers to decorate an afghan I had made my sister for her 40th birthday (note to self - find the photo's and upload them!).    I made up my own patterns for the flowers as I went - having so much fun that I never wrote down what I was doing - figured that it would be easy enough to replicate from sight.

There were quite a lot of flowers left after I had completed the Birthday Afghan and I have been using them to add a bit of Zing to my various odd projects


crochet stripes



crochet stripes

The border is simply two rows of double crochet in baby blue, a row of double crochet and a row of single crochet and chain in some oddment of variegated yarn.


ripple crochet


ripple crochet afghan

Love!  Love! LOVE IT!!


crochet stripes

I am rather "hooked" (pun intended!) on this pattern now and was quite sad when I finished this project

Luckily I have finished quite a few big projects lately and so there were plenty of odds and ends just waiting to become another Ripple afghan.

Until next time ........ Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment